Getting to Zakynthos
General information on public transportation
Public transportation in Zakynthos is divided based on colour:
- the (mostly) green coloured buses, also titled “ktel” or “iperastiko“, link suburban/ interurban areas with the main town of Zakynthos or “poli“.
- the blue buses, titled “astiko“, that although are titled as urban service, also service suburban areas.
- Complete passenger transport services 24 hours a day. You can find a taxi in selected places day or night. You can also arrange an appointment for your transport from any place to any place that you wish by phone or completing a reservation form in the related websites.
- Max price for one way transfer to/from Zakynthos Airport/Zakynthos Port/green bus terminal from/to almost everywhere in Zakynthos town should be 18-20 euros. Each taxi is licensed to carry up to 4 people, including children and their luggage. You can also request special services such as transportation for people with special needs, unattended children or VIP. The call for this appointment must be placed at least 24 hours previously.
- Book your taxi on +30 26950 48400 or visit https://www.zantetaxi.gr/
From the airport (Int’l code ZTH)
The easiest and hassle free method is by taxi, as the distance to downtown Zakynthos is more than 3 kilometers.
From the port
The easiest and hassle free method is by taxi, should the destination is not Zakynthos Town and not much luggage is to be carried. In any case, the port is near downtown Zakynthos, i.e., less than 10 minutes (~0.4 kilometers).
Access to the Venue
The Department of Environemnt of the Ionian University is located in Panagoula, M. Minotou-Giannopoulou Street, which is directly accessible using public transportation. The airport and the port are within a 5 minute driving distance. Walking to the venue from downtown Zakynthos Town is a 25-30 minutes stroll.
View Dept of Environment, Ionian University in a larger map